Friday 1 May 2015

Business Man's Perspective


http://adroefoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/GEOGRAPHY-OF-GHANA.jpg
Country of Ghana (link to photo source embedded)
Business Man
Hello I am Ben Smithington. I am a business man from near Los Angeles. I was born in the USA and have travelled to all 4 corners of it and not to mention across half of the world, don’t want to let the private jet go to waste do we… I’ve spent time working for multi-million pound corporations my whole life.  My dad is the owner of a quarter of silicone valley including some of the newest most up to date technologies there is. My current job is outsourcing director for A technology company who provides the market with phones, music players, computers ect., you can imagine the type of company.

On my latest trip out I visited the country of Ghana, I have a help centre to set up for the European side of business, seeing as India was exploited for workforce and cheap space years ago, it is no longer the cheapest option so I was looking into leads of other possible sites.
 
I chose Ghana due to the large available population, they have never heard of a minimum wage and are all also desperate to work to raise money so it seemed like a good place to start. When I got off the aeroplane I was met by heat and dust. I visited the local cities where there seemed to be 1000's of people crawling the streets, there is my available work force. I then moved onto the outskirts of the city to look at the places with more land available, which would keep the build costs down, and I came across a little village. They stole my heart. When first walked I was greeted by what looked like a school full of children running towards me with a mix of excitement and dare I say it sacredness. Suppose they haven’t seen anyone like me before. There was one young girl that I began talking to the hope and ambition she once had was evident although it appeared it had shrunk in recent times. If she had interviewed with her back at home I wouldn’t have hesitated to hire her. She talked of her family troubles, her mother was pregnant with her 3rd child so would no longer be able to go and get all the water needed for the family. Her sister was too young to go on her own to collect it so despite her best efforts she was losing the will to go to school and learn, she was saying she had fallen behind firstly with the effort it takes to get the water not to mention the fact that since puberty she has to miss a week a month because the school doesn’t have adequate sanitation. It’s a really terrible situation, to think all this would be solved by a little investment and a nearby water source… I can’t let this go on my father is not going to be happy about this I think the new help centre can wait I have some much more needing people to help first…

No comments:

Post a Comment